Street Service – Class A CDL
- Salary Offer $42000
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
Mountaineer Gas Company is the largest natural gas distribution company in West Virginia with over 220,000 customers and 450 employees. We service fifty (50) of the fifty-five (55) counties in West Virginia and maintain close to 6,000 miles of pipeline.
STREET SERVICE – MARTINSBURG SERVICE CENTER (MARTINSBURG, WV)
We are currently recruiting in our Martinsburg Service Center, Martinsburg, WV, for a Street Service position.
• Locates gas lines and installs, replaces, or makes necessary repairs to gas mains or service lines.
• May install gas meters or dig trenches/bell holes.
• May read gas meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers.
• May assist customer servicemen with changing meters, investigation of customer complaints, and response to customer inquiries.
• May call upon delinquent customers to collect or disconnect gas service at the meter or curb box.
• Inspects natural gas distribution equipment and appurtenances for defects; reports odors, leaks, damage, and unauthorized connections.
• Indicates irregularities and notifies proper department for service action.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must live within 45 minutes of the service center and maintain residency within that parameter throughout employment in field operations positions.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
• Working outdoors in all types of weather and driving in all weather conditions.
• Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult customer interactions.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate mechanical/pneumatic equipment and hand tools.
• Ability to utilize and accurately enter information into a computer/handheld electronic device for data collection.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Subject to overtime (scheduled and non-scheduled) and emergency callouts as needed.
• Previous natural gas field operations experience.
• Class A CDL driver’s license.
Position is subject to applicable DOT regulations including Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan and Operator Qualifications (OQ).
Mountaineer Gas Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Mountaineer Gas Company policies.