- Salary Offer 28.03
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
Brief Position Description:
Must be dedicated to the safety of yourself and coworkers. Follow all company guidelines and safety standards. Holding customers and coworkers to the same level of safety standards.
- Must operate equipment in the Pack House and in Bulk shipping and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain the shipping and packing areas free of hazards, in a neat and orderly appearance that meets environmental standards.
- Must conduct good housekeeping practices in work areas, including shoveling and sweeping.
- Able to perform required PMs on packing and bulk shipping equipment to ensure equipment reliability
- Must be dedicated to the safety of yourself and coworkers. Follow all company guidelines and safety standards. Holding customers and coworkers to the same level of safety standards
- Serve as a customer liaison to the truck drivers and customers, conducting yourself to the highest level of professionalism
- Conduct equipment inspection as required, properly documenting pre-operational inspection
- Operate locomotive and load and move rail cars meeting standard operating procedures
- Must conduct business operations with the understanding that the customer is the highest priority and ultimately dictate the work schedule
- Utilize all safety equipment, personal or otherwise, required by the company, following all company guidelines and MSHA safety standards
- Operate the equipment within environmental compliance and make every effort to maintain equipment in optimal operating condition
- Any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, heat, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Note: Based on the needs of the shift, production employees may be re-assigned to a different shift during their career in production.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous terminal operations or locomotive experience is preferred
- Ability and willingness to carry out all the major requirements listed above, with appropriate training
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability, based on previous attendance record
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must interact well with a wide range of difference personality types
The person in this position may have work schedule adjusted on short notice and may be called on to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Argos USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.