- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
The Operations Technician will complete tasks related to the 24/7/365 operation and maintenance of a multi-building aquaculture research facility. The position is part of the Operations Team and will be assigned a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks and must be able to independently manage their time effectively.
RESPONSIBLITIES & SCOPE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Create and complete PM items for building and equipment maintenance.
- Document repairs with clear, concise, written notes.
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment such as valve, pumps, solenoids, piping and systems including HVAC, PLC electro-mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Assist with planning and implementation of facility improvements including system fabrication, commissioning, repair and maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Identify and implement solutions to eliminate recurring issues.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for new or existing systems.
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors to ensure work is completed as required by contract.
- Lead maintenance projects and assist teams led by others.
- Participate in weekend/holiday/emergency duty rotation.
- Perform basic maintenance and fish care duties.
- Assist with snow removal on roads and walkways.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in two or more of the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Construction, Carpentry, Computer Technology, Farming or Maintenance.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including email, word processor, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to pass a medical evaluation for respirator use.
- Ability to respond to off-hours alarms within a 25-minute time window.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- College degree preferred.
- Relevant trade certification(s) preferred.
- CPR/Hazmat/safety certification or ability to be certified.
- Prolonged periods of standing, climbing ladders, and maintaining balance on uneven or wet surfaces.
- Dexterity and mobility to operate hand tools, power tools, and telehandler or tractor safely.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in office / outdoor settings / in all weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Estimated travel – up to 5%
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary, opportunities to earn performance-based bonus compensation and a highly competitive package of benefits including employer contributions for health care, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave, retirement plan and more.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
To learn more about The Conservation Fund, visit https://www.conservationfund.org.
Apply at https://www.conservationfund.org/careers.
The Conservation Fund, a nonprofit corporation, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave status, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression. The Fund prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.