- Salary Offer $23-$27/hr
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Millwright Apprentice
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday (7a-3:30p); weekends and overtime as needed
The Millwright Apprentice is a position in the Maintenance Department. They will support and assist Millwrights with installation, repair, and maintenance of machinery and equipment in all parts of the paper mill. They will also be assigned tasks for completion according to their skills. Qualified maintenance department employees may be called back to the mill outside of normal hours.
- Promote a safe working environment and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Assist with repairs and welding, including assisting with tools and fire watch
- Assist with assembly, installation, and rebuild of equipment, belts, pulleys, and pumps
- Help disassemble machine parts and transport them as necessary
- Perform basic cutting and welding based on skill level. Work to improve skills on the job.
- Learn the proper way to lubricate and maintain all paper machine and plant equipment parts.
- Notify Millwright of any observed mechanical or other issues which may to lead to machine failure or unplanned downtime.
- Review technical machinery manuals and become familiar with schematic drawings which determine work procedures
- Learn and follow Safe Operating Procedures
- All such general maintenance as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor such as: clean up, painting, yard work, snow removal, replenishing safety supplies or equipment, etc.
- May require digging, heavy lifting, working in small spaces, working in wet and dirty places
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Takes direction well from Millwrights and Supervisors.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Work continuously to improve work skills and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSCIAL REQUIRMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative but not all inclusive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairwells up to 15 levels high.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders (step, extension, cage) up to 24’ high.
- Able to walk at a normal pace for up to 60 continuous minutes.
- Able to work from a standing position for 8-12 hours.
- Ability to twist and bend on a recurring basis.
- Environmental conditions that can be expected are wet, humid, heat and cold, bright/dim light, traffic, heights, and dusts.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field vision, hearing, speaking, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
- Some environments are in a high noise and vibrating area.
- Training and experience as a Millwright or Mechanic preferred. Must be able to demonstrate skills required in this description.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate or learn to use forklifts and other industrial vehicles
- Good interpersonal skills; works well with others, takes direction well, learns new things easily
- Good communication skills – can be understood by others and write legibly
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Technical school certification or equivalent training and experience preferred.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct themselves with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.