Mill Operator (Shift Miller)
- Salary Offer $26/hour
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
The Shift Miller (Mill Operator) is responsible for reviewing the monitoring and inspection of the product, equipment and processing steps of raw ingredients through finished goods, including monitoring ingredients, formulations, and processing procedures, to ensure production to designed quality standards, using correct procedures as prescribed by company policy and federal standards.
- Review and manage the flow sheet of each mill and know how to make adjustments to the mill to optimize yield and throughout maintain consistent quality.
- Identify the different varieties of wheat and make all products to the customer’s specification during their shift.
- Observe equipment operations to ensure smooth operations and any malfunctions can be detected and corrected.
- Identify and assist with the resolution of problems in the mills as well as assist with maintenance on the milling equipment.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Clean work areas and equipment, including the cleaning and lubricating of equipment.
- Confirms product has correct mix and is weighted out to specific customer specifications.
Lab & Other Responsibilities
- Conduct laboratory analysis accurately, precisely and punctually as described by approved methods, record results and verify accuracy.
- Comply with prescribed test procedures and sample handling protocols
- May be responsible for providing supervision to hourly mill personnel, providing work direction and counseling as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1 year minimum experience as an assistant miller or equivalent related milling experience preferred
- Demonstrates effective Communication Skills – written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of all mill equipment and basic maintenance needs
- Knowledge of different wheat varieties
- Knowledge of grain science and analytical procedures
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot production problems
- Proficiency with Computers and in Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to work with wheat products i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity