- Salary Offer $16.50-$19.40 per hour
Position Overview: Under the general supervision of the Nursing leadership provides high quality patient care to include but not limited to urine drug screens, facilitating sick call, lab duties, obtain vital signs, and collaborate with the nursing team.
Position Type: Full time 40 Hours Per Week
Reports To: Chief of Nursing (RN)
· Requires a high school diploma or recognized equivalent (GED)
· Certified as a Medical Assistant required
· COVID and Flu Vaccinations Required for employment
· If in recovery, must be in recovery for a minimum of one (1) year
· 1 year experience in mental health or addiction services preferred, but not required
· Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR) is preferred
· CPR Certification (Current)
· Willingness and ability to pass a federal background check.
· Good Understanding of Timely Documentation
· Schedule will consist of 8-hour shifts
· Professionalism that incorporates a high standard of ethical conduct and integrity;
· Verbal and Written Communication skills that are proactive, clear and promote effective communication with individuals and within teams;
· Collaborative and works well with multiple community stakeholders empowering recovery;
· Strong desire to help others overcome significant obstacles and ability to maintain an empathic treatment approach;
· Commitment to professional development and remains current with best practice standards through use of in-service training, seminars, workshops, and publications.
· Ability to treat and work with diverse populations, including but not limited to individuals who may have criminal histories, veterans, pregnant women, and homeless populations; and navigate/collaborate effectively with community partners/resources;
· Understanding of goal directed outcomes;
· Contribute to the individual’s recovery/wellness teams
· Provide emotional support to clients
· Adheres to incident reporting policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
· Maintain compliance with policies, procedures and chain of command
· Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information
· Provide support to Mountaineer Behavioral Health clients as directed within policy
· Record/report observations related to patients to nursing staff
· Obtain vital signs, report vital signs outside provided parameters to nursing staff
· Ensure the client has a safe and supportive environment
· Alert medical professionals of any screenings that are outside of the expectations
· Maintain respectful, personable, and professional interaction with all staff, clients and guests
· If included on approved driver list, may be required to provide transportation for patients to/from appointments as-needed using company vehicle
· Work with the nurse leadership to delegate tasks and communicate team-wide messages
· Motivate team members in the course of their duties
· Role model professional behavior
· Monitor team performance on tasks and duties, discussing with management areas of strength and areas in need of improvement
· Orient nursing staff members to the MA role and tasks
· Use proper infection control with urine drug screens and handling medications
· Use proper handwashing
· Clean exam rooms and observation bathrooms using proper infection control
· Complete documentation related but not limited to urine drug screens, vital signs, and med counts by end of shift.
Work Environment: Primary care will be provided in both Inpatient and Outpatient portions of Mountaineer Behavioral Health.
Physical Demands: Employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
Travel: There are no anticipated travel needs for this position. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 – $19.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rehabilitation center
Work Location: One location