Maintenance Technician / Diesel Mechanic ( PM Shift)
- Salary Offer $22.00-$27.00/hr.
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
BONUS: $8,000 SIGN ON BONUS
IMMEDIATE OPENING: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / DIESEL MECHANIC
JOB DESCRIPTION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / DIESEL MECHANIC
LOCATION: Kearneysville, WV
Gold Medal Environmental / Apple Valley Waste has IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS / DIESEL MECHANICS who have experience with both diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles. Gold Medal Environmental /Apple Valley Waste is the area’s leading trash company, and our Maintenance Technician / Diesel Mechanics are not only a part of our family but a part of our communities as well.
Under general supervision, our Maintenance Technicians / Diesel Mechanics perform preventive maintenance services, inspects, diagnose and repairs commercial vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services using a variety of manual and power tools.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Helps with inventory control of facility, equipment, shop parts and supplies.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures as set by the Company and OSHA.
- Ability to work NIGHT SHIFT a minimum (9am-7pm or12pm-10pm) of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and/or Saturdays when scheduled.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apple Valley Waste offers Diesel Mechanics:
- Stable and competitive pay
- Tool and boot allowance
- Stable work year-round
- Paid time off with holidays
- Great management team
- Room for growth within the organization
- 401 (k) with company match
- Individual and family health, dental, vision insurance options
- Life insurance options
- $22-$27 Hourly Pay (Negotiable based on experience)
This is a full time, year-round position with typical work schedule being Monday-Friday.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Gold Medal Environmental / Apple Valley Waste is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce fostering a culture where we can retain, develop, and ensure our best talent is working in an environment where every employee feels included, valued, and recognized.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Our Company follows the guidelines of the CDC for Covid-19
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kearneysville, WV 25430: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)