- Salary Offer $30/hr
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
The Maintenance position is responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of all equipment and plant systems.
- To perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair on all plant equipment as instructed and supervised by the Maintenance Manager. Including but not limited to lubrication, equipment inspection and adjustment, parts replacement, cleaning, etc.
- To perform permanent or temporary repairs on all plant equipment as required ensuring continual production capacity. Such repairs may require extended and unscheduled hours without pre-notice.
- To carry out needed physical improvements to all plant and equipment.
- To ensure that the Maintenance Manager and current Shift Miller are immediately informed of any problem with any plant personnel or equipment which might result in an unsafe condition, inefficient operation or reduction of production.
- To perform miscellaneous and unspecified duties relating to plant operation, maintenance and repair as requested by the Maintenance Manager when present or else the Shift Miller.
- Position requires working different shifts when necessary.
- Will have to be trained in Fall Protection, Forklift operation, Confined space entry, Arc flash, and other training required to perform this position.
- Other duties include, Prepping parts for upcoming jobs, including rollermill roll prep, belt making, spouting repairs, shop and parts organization, Express maintenance data entry etc.
- To carry out all duties with human safety as first priority.
- Must observe and utilize Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as set forth by Miller Milling Company in accordance with BRC standards.
- Responsibility to food safety regulations.
- This position requires being in the on-call rotation once the Maintenance Manager Estimates employee is ready.
- Train less experienced employees in all areas of the maintenance department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Must be able to use, or learn to use the equipment and tools used to perform this job
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires the ability to lift and carry packages up to 50 pounds