Maintenance Service Specialist
Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call out as needed
Responsible for various activities within Network Operations and/or Maintenance departments. This may include acting in lead capacity for treatment facilities, ensuring that operating equipment is maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations. May include specialized maintenance work on operating equipment and/or ongoing leak detection and/or valve and hydrant inspection program.
- Provide input for preparing and controlling local maintenance and preventive maintenance within established budget limitations. (10%)
- Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required maintenance standards and preventive maintenance standards on mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, instrumentation, and computer equipment. (10%)
- Advise and/instruct company personnel on proper operation and maintenance procedures for equipment and systems. (10%)
- Assist with implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability. (10%)
- Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained. (10%)
- Implement effective reporting processes. Provide analysis and support to Production and/or Network Manager with information required for various reports, budgets, and business plans. (10%)
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (40%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and knowledge of process and operational areas.
- College coursework in business, management, or related technical discipline.
- 7-10 years experience in operations, maintenance operations, performing hands-on specialized maintenance work on operating equipment, including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and computer equipment.
- H.S. Diploma or GED required