- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
Are you looking for a company that will value your experience and invest in your professional growth? If so, Fives Landis Corp. is where you want to be. We offer our team members a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision plans so you can choose the best option that fits your needs. Take advantage of your retirement savings with our employer match and a vesting schedule of 100% on the first day of employment; along with free retirement and investment planning. Team member well-being is important at Fives Landis Corp; we offer vacation time, an impressive paid holiday schedule, yearly health screenings, on-site flu shots, and wellness challenges with an opportunity to earn rewards. We encourage our team members to continue growing professionally by offering a tuition reimbursement program after 3 months of continuous employment. Fives Landis Corp. recognizes and rewards employees for hard work and dedication through recognition programs and company paid social events.
We are looking for Machine Electricians to join Fives Landis Corp. in our Machine Electrical Department. Our Electricians are expected to fulfill a variant of duties, such as but not limited to, wiring, installing conduit, mounts, control panels and other related electrical components; working with other team members and departments to help reach our company set goals. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to work hard and grow with our company.
- Wires all types of Landis grinding machines and related controls and equipment.
- Install conduit, mounts, and wire control panels, generators, motors, and solid-state components; and any other related electrical components to include electronic control devices and high voltage power supply.
- Hook-up completed work to main power supply and checks operation of machine function for proper sequence.
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical components to mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic machines and equipment.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning facility equipment including transformers, motors, and light fixtures; replace broken or damaged components and wiring as needed.
- Replace faulty machine equipment including, but not limited to, relays, switches, positioning devices, and controls.
- Work with other members within the team to troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Terminate wiring for power supply and various wiring connections.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams, schematics, and verbal instructions.
- Understand differences in details, when inspecting parts or work performed, checking for defects or quality issues, or when distinguishing between various parts and components.
- Read and follow standard operating procedures.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Familiar with LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvements processes.
- Travel may be required to customer plants for installation and/or service.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Technical School/post High School training preferred.
- Proficient working with voltages up to 600 VAC, including 480 VAC and 277 VAC.
- Knowledge and experience working with 12 VAC and 24 VDC controls.
- Knowledge and experience working with PLC applications.
- Knowledge in both practice and application of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Working knowledge of motor controls, drives, and other motion control devices.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
- Mechanical aptitude and its application to machine tools, specifically grinding machines is essential.
- Ability to use utilize hand tools.
- Ability to read and follow policies and procedures and support organization’s goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential.
- Must have common sense skills and be trainable.
- Display high standards of professional behavior.