- Salary Offer $24.00 to $28.00
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
Position Overview: Under the general supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Chief of Nursing the Licensed Practical Nurse provides high quality patient care to include physical and mental health assessments and medication administrations. Blood Sugar monitoring, vital signs, and light wound care will also be provided. The Licensed Practical Nurse will provide supervision for Behavioral Health Technician staff.
$1500 Sign On Bonus. Shift Differential for Evenings & Weekend Shifts.
Position Type: Full-time 40 hours weekly (W-2)/Part Time/Per diem (minimum of 2 shifts a month)
Reports To: Chief of Nursing
- Professionalism that incorporates a high standard of ethical conduct and integrity;
- Verbal and Written Communication skills that are proactive, clear and promote effective communication with individuals and within teams;
- Collaborative and works well with multiple community stakeholders empowering recovery;
- Strong desire to help others overcome significant obstacles and ability to maintain an empathic treatment approach;
- Commitment to professional development and remains current with best practice standards for assessment and treatment techniques through use of in-service training, seminars, workshops, and publications.
- Ability to treat and work with diverse populations, including but not limited to individuals who may have criminal histories, veterans, pregnant women, and homeless populations; and navigate/collaborate effectively with community partners/resources;
- Understanding of goal directed outcomes;
Duties and Responsibilities:
Notify appropriate team member (Registered Nurse, Psychiatric NP, or Medical Provider) with all non-life threatening medical and medication issues to obtain guidance on plan of care for all clients. For life threatening emergencies, the nurse will call 911 to notify emergency services.
Provide quality care that are in line with therapeutic standards. Measure health outcomes and record findings. Adhere to standards of care as defined by the state Board of Nursing, State Nurse Act, and any other applicable governing agencies.
Adhere to all facility policies including but not limited to infection control policies, medication administration and storage procedures, as well as controlled substance regulations.
Adheres to incident reporting policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities Continued
Maintain compliance with policies, procedures and chain of command.
Comply with privacy and confidentiality laws for all clients.
Assists in providing training to new nursing and MA staff.
Provide training, support and enrichment activities to Mountaineer Recovery Center clients as directed by nursing/psychiatric/medical staff.
Establish compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to clients and their guests. Maintain respectful, personable, and professional interaction with all staff, clients and guests.
Develop rapport with clients and observe for client needs and response to treatment.
Provide client education on condition, medications, and plan of care.
Take intake information for detox facility from referral sources or admission specialist and relay information to Registered Nurse and/or on call provider.
Conduct and document physical assessment and contraband/safety search for all incoming clients.
Monitor condition and vital signs for all clients with the assistance of MA’s under LPN supervision. Report significant changes to provider.
Take and implement telephone orders within scope of practice from on duty provider, document orders and interventions into patient record.
Collaborate on duties with qualified personnel where appropriate. Coordinate care among all team members under the RN’s supervision.
Document patient care, patient condition, and medication administration in the patient’s electronic medical record.
Functions as an integral member of the client team by communicating actions, irregularities and client needs to other members of the team.
Ensure that point of care testing is completed as ordered for clients. Record results in electronic health record, reporting abnormal results to appropriate team (Provider on duty).
Maintains nursing supplies, notifying appropriate staff when items are in need of re-supply.
* Job descriptions are not designed to capture all responsibilities and may change according
to program effectiveness and other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Graduation from an accredited program with a license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Unencumbered WV State LPN License.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Understanding of Parameters of Confidentiality
- Good Understanding of Timely Documentation
- Willingness and ability to pass a federal background check.
- Capacity to work independently but also collaborate well with other professionals.
- COVID and Flu Vaccinations are required for employment.
Work Environment: Primary care will be provided in the Inpatient Residential Unit or as needed in the Outpatient portion of the Mountaineer Recovery Center.