- Salary Offer $52,245-$56,890
|DATE:||November 17, 2022
|POSITION:||Instructor – Practical Nursing
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:||Instructor will follow the state and local Practical Nursing curriculum, and prepare students for entry into the work force. Instructor will pursue West Virginia teaching certification during the first year of employment.
|QUALIFICATIONS:||Must hold a valid unencumbered West Virginia License as Registered Nurse (RN) through the West Virginia Board of Examiners for registered Professional Nurses.
Current West Virginia teacher certification preferred but not required.
Must have complete 3 years (6000 clock hours) employment as a registered professional nurse 3 years immediately preceding employment as a faculty member;
Must have or be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program;
Must have at least 3 years of experience as a registered professional nurse which should include 2 years of patient side nursing care experience in an acute, intermediate or long term care clinical facility;
Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in one or more of the following areas: teaching, supervision or administration; and present evidence of continuing education.
|SALARY and BENEFITS:
|James Rumsey Technical Institute salary schedule – $52,245 – 56,890 based on education level and years of experience.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, retirement, sick leave bonus and housing allowance.
Curriculum and teacher certification training provided and paid for by West Virginia Department of Education and James Rumsey Technical Institute.
240 Days Prorated
|STARTING DATE:||TBD or January 3, 2023
|DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
|Until Position is Filled|
|CONTACT:||Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:|
|Donna Van Metre
James Rumsey Technical Institute,
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Equal employment opportunity is granted to all persons regardless of race, disability, religion, color, age, sex, or national origin, and no discrimination based upon such factors will be made in salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employee.
James Rumsey Technical Institute
Responsibilities: Enables each student to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible while adhering to all state and county policies and standards.
Accountable to: Building Principal/Assistant Principal/Practical Nursing Coordinator
- A teacher implements his/her program of study by:
- Establishing appropriate goals and objectives based upon appropriate state CSS’s.
- Exhibiting planning and organization.
- Making effective use of employee manual.
- Demonstrating and communicating knowledge of subject matter.
- Providing for individual differences.
- Seeking participation from business and industry members through craft committees.
- Participating in student youth organizations.
- A teacher fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning by:
- Implementing a classroom management plan.
- Motivating intellectual curiosity in students.
- Providing a variety of teaching methods and materials.
- Arranging the classroom neatly and appropriately.
- Providing for participation by students.
- Appearing as an appropriate model for students.
- Adhering to health, safety, and hygiene standards.
III. A teacher utilizes instructional management systems which increases student learning and maximizes times on task by:
- Planning lessons which incorporate major components of lesson design.
- Developing and implementing classroom rules, procedures, and consequences.
- Following established procedures as outlined in “Student Code of Conduct” and school policies.
- A teacher monitors student progress toward learning outcomes by:
- Providing a variety of evaluation techniques.
- Keeping accurate records of student progress and attendance.
- Using student data to address academic and performance needs.
- A teacher maintains and upgrades his/her professional skills by:
- Keeping abreast of relevant trends and developments.
- Striving to make improvements recommended on observation and evaluation reports.
- Completing required course work and certifications.
- Collaborating with colleagues formally and informally.
- A teacher promotes and maintains positive pupil/teacher/parent relationships by:
- Maintaining confidentiality with student records and information.
- Promoting school/community cooperation.
- Communicating students’ progress to parents/guardians.
VII. A teacher maintains professional work habits by:
- Adhering to school, county, and state policies and procedures.
- Exhibiting self-confidence.
- Attending work regularly and punctually.
- Adhering to work schedules prescribed by the school administrator.
- Demonstrating knowledge of duties.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Exercising courtesy and tact.
- Working cooperatively with administration and staff.
- Reacting favorably to constructive criticism.
- Completing records and reports accurately and on schedule.
- Adjusting to change.
- Demonstrating patience and sensitivity.
- Maintaining professionalism.
- Encouraging proper care and use of materials and equipment.
- Serving on a Faculty Senate committee