Electrical / Assembly Engineering Technician
APX Enclosures is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for engaging with customers and the sales, manufacturing and purchasing teams to arrive upon the optimal design and layout of NEMA 3R, 4X and other similar-style electrical enclosures.
A solid understanding of issues related to electrical equipment design and wiring layout is essential. In addition, experience in a manufacturing environment is key to ensuring that the customer and sales discussions can be efficiently translated into drawings, plans and procedures for the shop floor to execute successfully.
- Must possess the skills and abilities of Electrical / Assembly Technician, plus:
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have experience using AutoCad.
- Capable of learning and demonstrating the UL 508A.
- Must pass a certification test to become a UL 508A Qualified Manufacturer Technical Representative within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to learn the M1 inventory system, and to assist in maintaining the electrical portion of the inventory.
- Must be capable of filling in for an Electrical / Assembly Technician as required.
- Work closely with our sales and management team in understanding new project considerations.
- Establish working relationships with some of our vendors and customers.
- Demonstrate decision making and troubleshooting skills.
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to find acceptable replacement parts as needed.
- At least 2 years’ experience as an electrical technician.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- 2 year Associate Degree a plus.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer with various tasks as required.
- Once the skills and knowledge of this position are obtained and demonstrated, you will become qualified as the Electrical Engineer once that position is vacated.