Design Trainee (On-site)
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Read architectural prints to create roof and floor truss placement layouts conforming to current 84Components design practices
- Design of roof and floor trusses in MiteK software ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current P&P
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
- Send approval letter to customers according to P&P procedures when necessary
- Provide sales and customer support when necessary
- Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested by supervisor(s).
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software (Autocad or CAD or Revit or Sketchup), Internet Software, Database Software
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
Technical school certificate in carpentry, architectural drafting; or 6 to 12 months of related experience and/or training in construction drafting or design.
84 Lumber’s Mission:
- To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
- To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
- To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
- To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity in areas of Production, Production Leadership, Sales and Design.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Monthly bonus based on monthly quota
- Weekly Pay! Amazing Benefits! Employee Discounts!