The Retreat at Berryville is hiring Resident Care Associates to join their team!
Mon-Fri; Every other weekend required
The Resident Care Associate reports directly to the Family Experience Director, Pearl Director or the Assistant Family Experience Director.
The Resident Care Associate is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services to a consistent group of residents and their families in our assisted living and
Memory care neighborhoods. This role includes providing hands on care, physical and emotional support as outlined in each resident’s Personalized Service Plan (PSP) while maintaining a safe, comfortable home like environment. The Resident Care Associate is responsible for demonstrating all elements of wellness, remaining in accordance with federal, state and local standards and regulations and Phoenix policies to promote the highest degree of quality care and services to our residents.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development of the Personalized Service Plans and updates; attends service plan review meetings with families as requested
- Follows the hydration schedule established for the residents is maintained during the shift
- Completes resident meal attendance sheets have been completed and any resident who has not dined in the dining room has been provided room service and / or accounted for.
- Knows and complies with all resident rights
- Initiates, assigns, and assist with activities, as appropriate
- Check all assigned residents daily for cleanliness, appropriate clothing, any continence issues and change in condition
- Uses proper sanitary procedures and universal precautions
- Checks on assigned resident rooms daily for general cleanliness and neatness and takes appropriate action; ensures high risk rooms are double checked
- Assist with conducting laundry rooms, common areas – including bathrooms – checks for cleanliness and any exposed hazardous chemicals; and takes appropriate action (i.e. contacting housekeeping, personally cleaning the room, securing the chemicals)
- Completes all ADLs for assigned residents according to the resident’s Personalized Service Plan (PSP)
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly & immediately; takes appropriate action including resetting call bells
- High School education preferred and may be required by the state
- Previous experience working with elders or disabled individuals, preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform the personal care aspects of the RCA position
- Knowledge and experience in Assisted Living industry and Dementia care or Skilled Nursing, preferred
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available to our customers at peak service delivery days and times