1st Shift – Production trainee
- Salary Offer 17.50/hour
- Experience Level Entry Level
Are you a motivated individual looking to take the first step toward a rewarding and profitable career? 84 Lumber is immediately hiring dedicated and dependable associates to fill our truss manufacturing teams with no previous experience required!
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is team-oriented and ready to step into a fast-paced position that has the potential to lead to a lifelong career.
“Ladder of Opportunity” promotions structure make it easy for motivated candidates to accomplish their own financial, career, and personal goals. We believe in promoting nearly 100% from within the company and look forward to helping you to build your career with 84.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- $.25 increase every three months in your first year!
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Hrs: 6:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Measure pre-cut lumber to ensure dimensions are accurate
- Verify truss set-up is accurate
- Tack connector plates in place with hammer
- Operate gantry to press connector plates into position
- Ensure work area is safe, clean, and organized during and after the shift
- Ensure that assembled items meet the established quality specifications
- Assist in training new team members
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one
- Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints.
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work 10-12 hours shifts.
- Prior carpentry experience a plus.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and use a hammer
New associates will be in training for the first 2-4 weeks and will be cross trained in multiple departments.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
84 Lumber’s Mission:
To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity in areas of Production, Production Leadership, Sales and Design.
- By working hard, we will reward you with monthly incentive opportunities.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.