This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Maintains area of responsibility in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise/supplies, identifying shrink and damages, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Monitors activities and store standards within the store that relate to safety, OSHA Compliance, and basic customer traffic flow by maintaining safety standards to ensure a safe and clean environment, and responding to assistance requests from customers and associates
- Assists with securing and safeguarding the assets of the facility and property by observing and communicating suspicious activity, assisting with investigations, maintaining paperwork, logs, and other required documentation, appropriately executing emergency response procedures, and ensuring security and safety practices are in place and adhered to.
- Detects, deters, investigates, and resolves violations of company policies and criminal activities by maintaining a highly visible presence when posted in designated areas; observing customer and associate behavior; investigating alleged fraud and other alleged illegal activities; conducting investigations relating to the operations and policies of the company; obtaining evidence, taking statements, writing case reports, and providing court room testimony, as needed; and participating in collaborative efforts with other investigative entities.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered:Serve the Customer/Member : Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices: Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work: Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information: Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results: Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards : Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt : Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
- Asset Protection: Follows safety and security guidelines and related laws and regulations when dealing with suspected theft and other suspicious or criminal acts. Advises Associates on asset protection policies, practices, and guidelines when asked to do so. Identifies signs of shrink and suspicious or criminal acts, keeps goods secure, and properly documents incidents in a timely manner. Reports shrink issues and problems with products, services, and work areas that could prevent successful asset protection. Uses asset protection equipment in correct ways.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Moves up and down a ladder.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Moves through narrow, confined spaces such as stacks of merchandise or supplies, storage areas, and closets.
- Works overnight and on varying shifts as required.
- Meets applicable state requirements to work in Asset Protection, such as, minimum age, specialized training, certification and/ or licensing.
- Will successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.